Thanksgiving is upon us once again! As you gather around the Thanksgiving table with family, we all know it can be difficult to spark interesting conversation, especially with family you see infrequently. Instead of picking up your phones in a dull moment, be prepared with questions to break the silence and keep the meaningful conversation going.
Our tip: Screenshot this article on your phone, and when all goes scarily silent, whip out a question that will have people engaged and included during your Thanksgiving holiday!
Thanksgiving Questions and Dinner Conversation Starters
- What has been a valuable life lesson you’ve learned this year?
- If you could invite any famous person to our Thanksgiving table, who would it be?
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
- How have you changed for the better as a result of 2020?
- If you could pick any Thanksgiving dish to represent your personality, what would it be and why?
- If you could pick what type of food to have for Thanksgiving dinner, what would you pick?
- What’s your philosophy on when it’s appropriate to listen to Holiday music?
- What is a characteristic of someone at the table you admire?
- What are your strategies for Holiday and Black Friday shopping?
- What’s the funniest memory you have from past holidays?
- What experience are you most thankful for from the last year?
- What is your personality type (Enneagram, Myers Briggs, etc.)?
- What is one little thing you are grateful for?
- What is one big thing you are grateful for?
- Who has been someone that has inspired you lately?
- What books are you reading right now, and what are you learning?
- What’s something you hope to accomplish in the next year?
- What is the best compliment you’ve been given recently?
- Describe your past year in one word.
- What thing do you need for it to feel like Thanksgiving?
We hope these questions bring an opportunity to learn more about your loved ones during your Thanksgiving! In a world where it’s easier to pull out your phone when it’s awkward, we lovingly challenge you to choose meaningful conversation and choose the people in front of you.
With love, from the gg team ❤️